Governors are a very special part of our school. If you would like to chat to any of our Governors or indeed if you are interested in becoming a school Governor when vacancies arise, please enquire at the school office.
Governors work closely with headteachers, school staff and representatives from the local authority (LA). For further information on who our governors are and what they do, please click on each name below:
- Mrs Lynne Frazer – (Head Teacher)
- Mr Darren Maw – (Chair) Co-opted Governor
- Mrs Angela Hall – (Vice Chair) Co-opted
- Mr Ronald B R Ward Local Authority Governor
- Mrs Angela Cooke – Acting Deputy Head/Staff Governor
- Mrs Victoria Dabrowski – Co-opted Governor
- Cllr Frances M Simmons – Co-opted Governor
- Mrs Susan Fern – Co-opted Governor
- Mrs Carolyn Mason- Parent Governor
- Ms Sarah Pratt – Parent Governor
- Mrs Sarah Monaghan – Parent Governor
- Ms Rachel Owens – Parent Governor
- Vacancy – Co-opted Governor
Statutory Guidance for Governing Bodies
Newton Hall Infants’ School adhere to the statutory guidance from the Department of Education. This means that governing bodies must have regard to it when carrying out duties relating to the constitution of governing bodies in maintained schools.
For further information please view or download the full document below.
Committee Structure and Register of Governor Interests
How To Become A School Governor
If you require further information on the roles and responsibilities of School Governors or you are interested in becoming one, visit the Durham County Council website School Governor section.